Craft Your Own Growing Media!
Purple Cow Organics Crafter's Mix is designed for experienced growers who prefer to hand craft their own growing medias. It includes starter fertility then allows you to amend with your own selected inputs. The versatility of Crafter's Mix allows the user to grow in either an organic or synthetic growing system and can be used in pots and containers in an indoor setting as well as outdoor in a natural environment. Crafter's Mix contains essential nutrients and organic matter that may naturally increase water uptake. It is also OMRI Listed for organic use, and when paired with organic inputs, this still supports the goal of cultivating "cleanly" grown plants.
- Add a small amount of moistened Crafter's Mix to the bottom of the new container, insert the rootball and fill around gently with more Crafter's Mix
- Water thoroughly until water starts to drain from mix; watering rates will vary depending on irrigation systems and types of plants being grown
- Purple Cow Crafter's Mix does include a small amount of fertility but growers are encouraged to supplement with their own fertility programs
Heavy Metals Testing
EPA Limits - maximum concentrations by dry weight
Arsenic (As) 41 mg/Kg
Cadmium (Cd) 39 mg/Kg
Cobolt (Co) no limit
Copper (Cu) 1500 mg/Kg
Lead (Pb) 300 mg/Kg
Mercury (Hg) 17 mg/Kg
Molybdenum (Mo) no limit
Nickel (Ni) 420 mg/Kg
Selenium (Se) 100 mg/Kg
Zinc (Zn) 2800 mg/Kg
Crafter's Mix Heavy Metals Testing
Arsenic (As) 4.14 mg/Kg
Cadmium (Cd) 0 mg/Kg
Cobalt (Co) 2.55 mg/Kg
Copper (Cu) 28.6 mg/Kg
Lead (Pb) 19.6 mg/Kg
Mercury (Hg) 0 mg/Kg
Molybdenum (Mo) 1.0 mg/Kg
Nickel (Ni) 6.8 mg/Kg
Selenium (Se) 0 mg/Kg
Zinc (Zn) 72.9 mg/Kg
"The difference is in the compost - plants can't live on peat moss alone! The biologically active fertility supplied by Purple Cow Compost in the mix gives plants what they need to thrive"
"PCO makes a product available for farmers, landscapers and home owners that optimizes composting technology, microbial science and remineralization to aid gardeners, large and small, in their efforts to perfect plant production and plant and soil health and vigor"
"We've been 100% pleased with the Purple Cow aspect of implementing into our program, and we're going to stick that way."
"I'm extremely pleased with how everything has done...I'm sold"
"Crafter's Mix is a beautiful mix, rich and dark in color with fresh organic matter."
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I follow a hydroponics nutrient schedule with Crafter's Mix?
Yes, Crafter's Mix was created with a low salt index and was pH balanced so the grower can follow a nutrient chart as recommended from the fertilizer manufacturer.
*Due to the natural microbial activity that comes with Purple Cow's compost (a core component in Purple Cow Organics' soil blends), fertilizer manufacturer recommendations may need to be adjusted.
Does Crafter’s mix have enoughnutrients included to get the plant through the vegetative growth phase?
Yes, but it was created to be used in conjunction with a nutrient such as Purple Cow’s BioActive All-Purpose Fertilizer or other fertilizer of the grower’s choosing. It’s advised to introduce a fertility input before the plant shows any potential signs of an elemental decline, so it is advised to introduce a low-dose fertilizer within the first couple days post initial watering.
Can I use Crafter’s Mix to create myown “super-soil” or highly aerated mix?
Yes, Crafter’s mix was created to be used in multiple ways.
1. Crafter’s mix was created as a “use as is” biologically active soil media.
2. Created for growers who prefer to use their own self crafted nutrient solutions.
3. Created for those who have their own amendment program and need a high-quality soil to add their crafted amendment program to, without having to go through the hassle of purchasing multiple bulk components. Just add your crafted mix of amendments to create your own “super-soil” or add an inert material such as perlite to create a highly aerated biologically active blend.