Biology is a critical element of soil productivity. When you're seeing a lack of success in your field, even when applying the best fertility, a lack of soil biology is often the culprit. We often talk about the ecological implications of a healthy and diverse population of soil biology. Healthy soil has a greater water holding capacity, and actively works to prevent flooding and erosion. Not only that, but healthy soil can sequester atmospheric carbon, creating cleaner air.
The environmental benefits are important, but they're far from the only benefits that you'll see. More than just a driver for increased soil health, diverse and robust microbiology in your soil can support a higher quality crop! When people ask why they should use CX-1, we point to three main reasons: fertility efficiency, nutrient density, and plant health.
CX-1 makes better work of the fertility inputs that farmers apply. CX-1 liberates minerals existing in the soil, stover or other green manure, and can unlock inputs that were previously applied. When these inputs are readily available you can apply less, and get more out of it. Improvements in markers such as germination, emergence, yield and profitability are the key advantages here.
Farmers and consumers are increasingly interested in nutrient levels, ultimately this is about animal and human health. With balanced high-quality minerals and diverse biology, more of the essential metabolites are produced by the plant. Equipment and testing advancements like "Mineral Chain Testing" are on the way. Opportunities are developing for good farmers to get paid for quality, not just quantity, like the top-tier forage and hemp growers today.
Biologically healthy soils and leaf surfaces help plants defend themselves against the pathogens and diseases that exist naturally in the environment. Robust crops with ready access to necessary inputs can more easily resist stress and disease pressures. Not only that, but with more species present at the root of the plant, more functions are available in your soil to support a healthier crop. Diversity is the key; and when it comes to diversity in a liquid biological, CX-1 wins! Just check out what a few our fellow farmers had to say about CX-1 on their crops:
- White mold on beans - "All around us mold was breaking out, consultants believed there was no way to avoid it in our fields - we did thanks to biology" (Used CX-1 and BioActive Supercharger)
- Amish group - veggies - "It was a pretty good year, but there were lots of late season disease pressures because of the hot wet conditions. Everybody saw it except the guys using liquid biologicals." (Used CX-1)
- East coast greenhouse - "Botrytis, oh my gosh, using CX-1 almost completely eliminated it in our greenhouse." (Used CX-1)
- Organic apple grower - "I have been working on the orchard floor for 3 years now, I feel like I have eliminated scab from my operation." (Used CX-1, BioActive Supercharger, and other biologicals)
- Squash grower - "CX-1 on my squash didn't eliminate the fall onset of Powdery Mildew, but it did delay it for a couple weeks, this meant 15% overall revenue increase for me." (CX-1 and BioActive Supercharger)