Purple Cow Organics is seeking talented individuals, who are passionate about soil health, to help us grow! We offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, Simple IRA with company matching, and an insurance package including dental and health insurance.
Open Positions Below:
MANUFACTURER'S SALES CONSULTANT - AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
We believe the health and soil directly impacts the health of all living things dependent upon the soil. Therefore, we are committed to growing our core business, crafting high quality products that feed the soil, for all growers, whatever the crop or garden, in an honest and profitable manner. Purple Cow Organics, LLC is currently seeking a full-time Manufacturer’s Sales Representative for its Agriculture market segment. We at Purple Cow believe that if you build a strong sustainable foundation, sales will follow. This position will be based in the greater Midwest and will report to the Director of Sales. The position will be focused on establishing new and maintaining current distribution relationships who are in turn setting up and servicing dealers and resellers. The role of the Manufacturer’s Consultant will be to train, educate and support this resale market by broadening the knowledge, efficiency, and key selling points of the products we manufacture for everyone representing and selling them. The products we manufacture are ultimately sold to farmers/growers throughout the United States. The ideal candidate will enjoy being an integral part of growing a small business by working with innovators and early adopters and continuing to maintain and build on our current successes in the agricultural segment.
Further, the candidate will have the ability to shift between multiple job responsibilities, be driven by continued segment growth, have a strong passion for soil biology, possess some background in agronomy or similar field.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a part of a team whose shared objective is to exceed team sales goals through collaborative efforts in consultatively representing Purple Cow Organics’ products/systems to various types of dealers and resellers, including distributor representatives, farmer dealers, cooperatives, and agronomists.
- Have the comfort and ability to educate through various means, including setting up dealer meetings to present product knowledge, success, testimonials, etc.
- Establish new prospects and clients by attending trade shows, workshops, field days, speaking engagements, prospecting, networking, gaining referrals from existing clients, and cold calling lead lists, ride-alongs with our dealer/reseller salespeople and consultants.
- Retain and increase revenue from existing accounts
- Attend trade shows of assigned market segment(s) as attendee or booth host
- Follow the company-wide sales order process
- Network with professionals, experts, vendors, clients, and partners in assigned market segment
- Use NetSuite CRM according to company standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST PRESENT WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Goal-oriented professional with the drive and passion to help grow a small business
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to initiate new relationships
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Sound judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire and ability to serve customers
- Collaborative team mindset that assimilates quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Ability to be coached and work according to the Purple Cow Organics brand/values
- Honesty and Integrity: “Do what you say and say what you do”
- High School Diploma or higher
- Valid driver’s license and at least 21 years of age
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to meeting locations or customer farms via company vehicle or commercial transportation, with the requirement of a considerable amount of overnights in the busiest seasons.
- Must be accepted by Purple Cow Organic’s vehicle insurance company as a safe driver
- Must have current passport or or be willing to gain one in the event of international travel
- Insatiable curiosity
- Prior experience working with or representing agricultural products, systems and/or practices.
- Certified Soil Scientist or Crop Advisor or Past Reseller/Dealer
- Soil Sciences, Agronomy, or like education, background, or experience
- Organic Agriculture background a huge plus, Conventional Agriculture knowledge a plus.
- High level experience either representing or working with agricultural inputs; prior experience with related organic-based inputs will be viewed especially favorably.
- Prior experience (including life experience) in an agricultural environment will be viewed favorably.
- Experience with a CRM, specifically NetSuite
- Passion for improving soils and helping people grow
- Interest / experience in organic food production
- Public speaking and/or Presentation experience or skills
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Sitting for periods of time to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
- Position reports to Director of Sales; position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision
- This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay, SIMPLE IRA plan, vacation time, and health and dental insurance to all full-time employees. Salary and bonus structure will be commensurate with candidates’ experience.